Re: [tlug] Possible CJK Web Mail Complications (Re: Kanji Email onXP: Encodings)

Jim wrote:

>Reading CJK email on web browsers can be difficult.
>The web page needs to have one encoding for the basic
>web page, then another for the letter. It _can_ be done
>right, but can be botched. Typing can be even worse.
>Pull down menus can be mojibake.

Amen...  We're still working on this too.

I've been using webmail because I can get to my account from work but it
gets very complicated making sure you actually send in the font encoding
you want to.  I've gotten into the habit of copying myself when I send a
file with Kanji just to make sure things work, and even then, I need to
make sure the browser is in the right encoding before deciding I
goofed.  Why -- just this morning I thought I goofed, but didn't :)

Baby steps...

Steve S.