Re: [tlug] Kanji Email on XP: Encodings

Hi,

You wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > What do the headers of her email say?
>
> I've sent her one email so far.
> I need to go back and double check, but it should say ISO2022.

> Maybe I should first get her going in UTF-8 then approach ISO
> for her friends in Japan.
> Hummm...

You should learn what encodings most Japanese use and first
focus on being able to read them. Then add euc-jp and UTF-8
support. Then write letters in UTF-8.

You should also bring this discussion back on to the list.
Others will have much better advice about J email support than I.
I did not realize that you had taken this thread private.