[tlug] font encoding for mozilla

I'm trying to get my Japanese Instructor here to the point where she can
email using kanji.

First try at reading iso2022 encoded email, she says she can't see the
kanji at all.  I'm guessing the fonts aren't installed.  I'll send her
something with utf-8 to verify.

I have fonts and can help her get them installed, but before I do that,
does anyone know how to ask mozilla (or IE for that matter) what font it
is using when a particular font encoding has been selected?  I'm hoping
that Exploder will use the same mechanism.  Her husband's system is XP and
he doesn't want to change anything more than necessary (if even that
much).

Thanks
Steve S.