[tlug] CJK Mixed in a Letter (Re: font encoding for mozilla)

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:09:37 -0800 (PST) Steve S. wrote:

> First try at reading iso2022 encoded email, she says she can't see the
> kanji at all.  I'm guessing the fonts aren't installed.  I'll send her
> something with utf-8 to verify.

As long as she does not mix any Chinese or Korean kanji in with
Japanese in the same email, Unicode (UTF-8) should be an option.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_unification

What do others use for mixing kanji with the similar but
different characters of C & K?

Besides HTML, what do folks use to work around the
"Han Unification" problem of Unicode. How often is ISO 2022
used to handle "Han Unification" as hinted by
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO-2022#ISO_2022_Character_Sets
?