Re: [tlug] Linux Laptop

On 8/28/05, David J Iannucci <jlinux@example.com> wrote:

> You can go even easier on your hands by learning how to use the
> keyboard for navigation, [...] if you use a window manager that has good
> support for it, like IceWM.

Fluxbox is also a great window manager in this sense, as it is super
light-weight, and easy to configure, keybindings included. Scott
Robbins has a good page on it.

> Here's a hint I just learned recently: use Ctrl-PgUp/PgDn to switch
> among tabs in Firefox.  Incidentally I'd love to remap this to a
> different key sequence (shift-left/right arrow) if anyone knows how :-)
> I've looked around a bit, but can't find if there's an extension to
> allow this.

In my version of Firefox, Ctrl-Tab moves to the next tab. Just like
Alt-Tab for windows, in most distros' default window manager
keybindings.

WRT the extension, I do not know of one either, but that would be a
great way to learn how to program Firefox / Mozilla extensions. Why
don't you write one?

You could also look around in "about:config" in Firefox. Just type
"about:config" into the location bar and press enter. There are a lot
of config settings, but you can filter them by keyword. I tried "tab",
"key", and "binding" without any luck thus far. Poke around, and you
might find something useful.

Cheers,
Josh