Re: [tlug] Japanese in remote jvim console from MacOSX

On Dec 9, 2004, at 10:23 AM, Patrick wrote:

> Shawn,
>
> I had a look at the j-vim page and it just says utf-8 is supported.
> If you have a look at
> http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA003457/vim/vim3/vim.html
> he says he added:
> 1. 日本語化(SJIS/JIS/EUC/Unicode/UTF-8対応)
> I don't know whether you need to mess with your .vimrc or not though
> and
> if it is bitching about that option then you probably don't.
>
> I'm not sure what the benefit of using jvim is though, If you have a
> look here, you'll see that vim with multibyte support already has
> everything the jvim guy claims to have added.
> http://www.dwam.net/docs/vim/multibyte.html
>
> Anyway, take a look at this :
> http://www.bactroid.net/article.php/369

Thanks Patrick,

I decided to give vim a try, so I just installed the FreeBSD vim port,
changed the editor to vim in .muttrc
and gave it a shot - voila! Working.

One would have expected jvim to work, if anything...

Thanks again for the pointers,

Shawn