[tlug] Japanese in remote jvim console from MacOSX

Hi All,

I (normally) use mutt on a remote machine as my mail client. I use jvim
as the message editor.
I'm trying to get Japanese input in jvim in an ssh session from a
terminal on my MacOSX machine.
I'm using ja-mutt and can read japanese in message subjects and message
bodies, but when I try to
edit/create a message in the jvim editor, I get what look like fat "="
signs instead of the kana I'm
inputting.

I'm not sure if this is a jvim issue or an issue with the input format
of my Mac Terminal program.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Shawn