Re: [tlug] Japanese in remote jvim console from MacOSX

On Dec 9, 2004, at 1:06 AM, Patrick wrote:

>> Is there a way that I can set the jvim encoding to match the
>> terminal's
>> utf8?
> Shawn
>
> in my ~/.vimrc i have
> set encoding=utf-8
> set fileencoding=utf-8
> set termencoding=utf-8
>
> see if that helps
>
> patrick

Patrick,

Thanks for the hint.
I created a .vimrc with those settings, and got "Unknown option:
encoding=utf-8" etc for each of the options when jvim was starting.
I don't have vim installed actually, only jvim. Do I need vim installed
separately? By the looks of it, jvim *does* use the .vimrc file...

Shawn