Re: [tlug] Japanese in remote jvim console from MacOSX

2004-12-09 (木) の 01:35 +0900 に BOFH さんは書きました:

> Thanks for the hint.
> I created a .vimrc with those settings, and got "Unknown option:
> encoding=utf-8" etc for each of the options when jvim was starting.
> I don't have vim installed actually, only jvim. Do I need vim installed
> separately? By the looks of it, jvim *does* use the .vimrc file...

Shawn,

I had a look at the j-vim page and it just says utf-8 is supported.
If you have a look at
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA003457/vim/vim3/vim.html
he says he added:
1. 日本語化(SJIS/JIS/EUC/Unicode/UTF-8対応)
I don't know whether you need to mess with your .vimrc or not though and
if it is bitching about that option then you probably don't.

I'm not sure what the benefit of using jvim is though, If you have a
look here, you'll see that vim with multibyte support already has
everything the jvim guy claims to have added.
http://www.dwam.net/docs/vim/multibyte.html

Anyway, take a look at this :
http://www.bactroid.net/article.php/369

This is where i got the tips about editing the .vimrc, which didn't help
you.... but there are some other good tips in there.

Basically to sum everything up,

1. I don't know what you need to do to use utf8 in jvim but it is
supported. I had a quick look and google and couldn't see anything
obvious. (Maybe it just works)
2. vim with multibyte support handles utf8 and any other asian ecoding
you would ever want to use.
3. The last link i gave you should help you sort out any other encoding
problems you might have.

Good luck
Patrick