Re: [tlug] Followup on mutt and gpg

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 08:22:21PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:

>Not sure if anyone is interested, but I did a bit more experimenting for
>my own curiosity.  The patch to enable an OE client to read a mutt gpg
>signed email without it being considered an attachment is here:

OK, question:  If, as Josh notes, this is not an "issue" but just Mutt
being compliant with RFC 3156 and the problem is OE's for not being
so, is the end result of this patch then to make Mutt stop being
compliant with RFC 3156?

Also, the README for the patch states that there has been
some speculation about 7-bit/8-bit issues.  Has anyone
encountered any borkage there?

It also notes that as of Mutt 1.5 the functionality of the
patch will be included in Mutt, rendering the patch obsolete.

Since the problem is really OE's, I ain't patching :-)

Jonathan
GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys  DF12B4EF