Re: [tlug] MTA (was ...repetitive question...)

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 11:53:01PM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
> >There is nothing wrong with Sendmail. It just takes time to learn it. For
> >the impatient, there's postfix/exim.
>
> Nothing except that it sucks. ;) No, you are right, Sendmail is as usable as
> anything else after you spend zillions of hours studying its wacked out
> config language, and are willing to deal with its less than pristine
> security record.

Just because you can't reach a level of competency with Sendamil doesn't mean
it "sucks".

> I like qmail for its simplicity, as well as the knowledge that it was
> designed with security in mind.

That's great. You're the only one I know who does. What does that tell you?
In fact, I would speculate that most sysadmin/bofh on this list use sendmail.

I don't mean to be rude, it's just a fact. If there are others using qmail,
speak up...

--
jack_morgan