Re: [tlug] And they said it was Free?

> This is pretty amazing. You go to the Mandrake distribution
> download and get hit with all this stuff about becoming a
> member? I mean. Why is that? It's supposed to be free
> and yet they are tryng to rip  $120-$1200 a year off you.
> Jumpin' Geepers!

Mandrake could be one of the most easy installing and configuring distro but
not the only one. There are another distributions that are easy and have a
lot of tools for an easy configuration.
Try to use, RedHat, TurboLinux or Kondara for example.

Some days ago I really was undecided about what distro to use. After some
minutes of mediation I make me two questions:
1. Do I really want every so easy that I can't understand what is happend
inside my computer, and see it like the freezer, the VHS or some other
machine of the house?
No I don't want that. If yes I should use Windows.

2. If I really like linux, free and open software and I want to know what is
happend inside my computer, why I'm trying to use it as Windows?

So I decided to use Debian and don't format my HD anymore!

Sorry, maybe I go out of the topic of the question.

pietro