Re: [tlug] configuration

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Doughty" <mdoughty@example.com>
To: <tlug@example.com>
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: [tlug] configuration

> That is a function of the X server. look in:
> /etc/X11/XF86Config*
> and you can try <ctl>+<alt>+<-> to switch the res on the fly.

I tried the <ctl><alt><-> and the desktop area lost sync with the
resolution.  Only the maximum resolution shows normally, everything lower
results in a "scrolling desktop" (desktop area is greater in size the the
viewable area, you need to bring the mouse to the edge to scroll).

I'm in XF86Config, and I see resolution settings.  nothing mentions desktop
area.  Is this the "viewport" selection?  If so, why is it set to 0 0 ?