Re: [tlug] configuration

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 06:17:54PM -0800, Marlo Rocci wrote:

> > In all likelyhood you have an entry like:
> > Virtual 1024 768
> >
> > If you delete that line it will stop this virtual desktop behavior.
> >
> nope.  I'm guess that it's because it's running off the generic svga driver.

Did you make sure you deleted it in the right place? Especially if you
are using an 'out-of-the-box' XF86Config, there may be several "Screen"
sections, each corresponding to a different driver, each with its own
"Virtual" line. E.g., mine has:

  Section "Screen"
    Driver      "svga"
    Subsection "Display"
        Virtual     320 200   # Probably not a good setting, but it
                              # it doesn't matter because I am using
                              # an accelerated driver (S3), not SVGA
    EndSubsection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Driver      "accel"
    Subsection "Display"
        Virtual     1024 768  # This is the one I would have to tweak.
    EndSubsection
EndSection

--
Matt Gushee