Re: USB CF readers and Linux

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 11:16:19PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     jb> Once they notice that Logitec exists, they'll probably squash
>     jb> them like a bug.
>
> I doubt it.  Trademark is registered country by country, and I don't
> think there is the same presumption of worldwide uniqueness that there
> is for copyright.  Preferable to register under a different name.

Not to mention that Logitec's parent (Marubeni) is much, much larger than
Logitech ever will be. Squashing Logitec would not be a fun exercise for
Logitech, even if they think they can win the lawsuit in the end, which I
also doubt.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/