Re: [tlug] Who is www-data, and why do they want my CPU?

Josh, SB, Evan,

Thanks for responding.

I ran the command as Evan said, and this time it came back with one response:
$ sudo find / -type f -name www-data
/var/spool/cron/crontabs/www-data

I then wanted to check it out, but it wouldn't let me.

$ cd /var/spool/cron/crontabs/
bash: cd: /var/spool/cron/crontabs/: Permission denied

Even as root I can't seem to enter the directory.

I know crontab is probably some regularly schedule program, but I can't see it if I type "crontab -e", so I don't know what it is.

What do you suppose is the deal here?

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G