Re: [tlug] Who is www-data, and why do they want my CPU?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:
>  find: Symbolic link
>  `/sys/block/sdf/device/driver/2:0:0:0/scsi_generic:sg1/subsystem/sg2/device/scsi_disk:6:0:0:0/subsystem/6:0:0:2/device/scsi_device:6:0:0:2/subsystem/0:0:0:0/device/bus/devices/6:0:0:1/generic/subsystem'
>  is part of a loop in the directory hierarchy; we have already visited
>  the directory to which it points.
>
>  Does that help shed any light on what's going on?

Ooh, I didn't know about the -follow option to find but this means
that there are some symbolic links that point to their parent
directory or to themselves so they create a loop in the directory
hierarchy.

You'd better remove -follow from the arguments.  My guess is that Josh
added it because he usually finds files in directories that have links
to other directories, but it's not needed here since you're searching
the whole directory tree anyway.

sudo find / -type f -name www-data

Hope this helps,

Evan