Re: [tlug] Who is www-data, and why do they want my CPU?

On 19/03/2008, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

>  Since then, I've been able to determine that the offending process is
>  called "www-data". I haven't, however, been able to determine anything
>  about the timing of when this will happen next or why. All I can say is
>  that is happens maybe once or twice a week.

The first step is:

sudo find / -follow -type f -name www-data

That'll give you the path of the binary, which you should then feed to
the appropriate Ubuntu command that tells you which package owns a
file (Ubuntu users, please chime in with that syntax; I dunno it).

--
Cheers,
Josh