Re: [tlug] Who is www-data, and why do they want my CPU?

Evan, Steven, Nguyen, Josh, David,

Thank you for responding.

I don't run phpBB, so I don't think that can be it.

Also, while stopping Apache might do it, I'm not sure why it would be that Apache would at random times suddenly become active. My machine is for local testing purposes only. It is not connected to the internet, or at least shouldn't be, so the only time Apache should be doing anything is when I'm doing something with it.

Next time it happens, I'll run:
sudo find / -follow -type f -name www-data

... followed by:
dpkg -S /path/to/file

... and see what turns up.

Thank you for all your helpful advice.