Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Backup CD
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Backup CD
- From: Frank Bennett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 04:40:25 +0900
- Content-disposition: inline
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-2022-jp
- In-reply-to: <3CA025C5.3851EECA@example.com>
- References: <20020321052710.GA21396@example.com> <3C99E645.85C8EE09@example.com> <20020322024615.GA15874@example.com> <3C9AFF60.2325645E@example.com> <200203250140.KAA01060@example.com> <3CA025C5.3851EECA@example.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.25i
On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 04:39:50PM +0900, BOTi wrote: > The mondo homepage says: > "This is the home page of Mondo, the premier GPL'd disaster-recovery suite for > Linux and Windows." Gosh, I'm sorry. If it said so in The Rolling Stone, of course it's gotta be true. :-) > So it should be possible even for a dummy windows user with some kind of a > frontend to use mondo. <RANT> Sigh. Intelligence is not directly proportional to knowledge of Unix, or Linux, or ADA, or PDP-11 assembly language, or whatever your particular religion happens to be. If you have a thing about looking down at the common user, perhaps you can work it off somewhere else. </RANT> Apart from that observation, in the words of Inspector Clouseau, "That's WHAT I SAID". My point was not that building a portable interface is impossible, but that someone has to put some hard work into it. > One more thing I would like to add to the issue: > If you use PartImage or anything else that reads the partition itself then the > backup/rescue will most probably fail if the user has bad sectors. Mondo-like > software will only fail on those files which lie on the damaged area. Good point. I have a question on this, but it belongs in a new thread on another day. Bye.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Speaking of things that make you feel stupid...
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Speaking of things that make you feel stupid...
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Backup CD
- Next by thread: [tlug] debian japanese
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links