Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 01:59:33PM +0900, Nguy???n V?? H??ng wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Nava Whiteford <new@example.com> wrote:
> > 1: Shall we grab a coffee later?
> > 2: We can have a coffee later, should we have time.
>
> 3. "Shall we dance?"
> Q: Is this American English?

I would imagine it's acceptable American English. It's reasonable, polite, British English.

Wikipedia says: "Shall (as opposed to will) is more commonly used by the British than by Americans." [1]

Many of differences between American, British and other forms of English are biases, rather than strict distinctions.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_American_and_British_English#Grammar