Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 06:13:28 +0100
- From: Nava Whiteford <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- References: <CACvCDgZO+N+mBJVEey8q_=VH_T4_f1DPeTA6oJGwAAVZEULZqw@mail.gmail.com> <20120531022451.GD14581@sgenomics.co.uk> <4FC6DF9A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAFv52OAM6XirBeEfM3QrLCFPpVz_voms2wWO5TSK0FWGaNq8ig@mail.gmail.com> <20120531043950.GE14581@sgenomics.co.uk> <CACvCDgb38BgULqigiGBnXQb4ZDbGgjA-+uOQSuqAR==j03rEYA@mail.gmail.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-06-14)
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 01:59:33PM +0900, Nguy???n V?? H??ng wrote: > On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Nava Whiteford <email@example.com> wrote: > > 1: Shall we grab a coffee later? > > 2: We can have a coffee later, should we have time. > > 3. "Shall we dance?" > Q: Is this American English? I would imagine it's acceptable American English. It's reasonable, polite, British English. Wikipedia says: "Shall (as opposed to will) is more commonly used by the British than by Americans."  Many of differences between American, British and other forms of English are biases, rather than strict distinctions.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_American_and_British_English#Grammar
- Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- From: steve
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] 間vs間:Thanks...
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links