Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 06:23:00 +0200
- From: Josh Glover <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- References: <CACvCDgZO+N+mBJVEey8q_=VH_T4_f1DPeTA6oJGwAAVZEULZqw@mail.gmail.com> <20120531022451.GD14581@sgenomics.co.uk> <4FC6DF9A.email@example.com>
2012/5/31 steve <firstname.lastname@example.org>: > Should is used like this most often in written communication and very rarely > in conversation. I don't think I have ever heard someone in the US use > should in this way in conversation. Interesting. I have both used "should" this way and heard it used this way quite often. Then again, I don't live in the US. This version of "should" has a useful nuance that "if" just doesn't carry. Cheers, Josh
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] マニュアルチック
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links