Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 05:39:51 +0100
- From: Nava Whiteford <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- References: <CACvCDgZO+N+mBJVEey8q_=VH_T4_f1DPeTA6oJGwAAVZEULZqw@mail.gmail.com> <20120531022451.GD14581@sgenomics.co.uk> <4FC6DF9A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAFv52OAM6XirBeEfM3QrLCFPpVz_voms2wWO5TSK0FWGaNq8ig@mail.gmail.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-06-14)
> Interesting. I have both used "should" this way and heard it used this > way quite often. Then again, I don't live in the US. > > This version of "should" has a useful nuance that "if" just doesn't carry. I've heard it used this way in the UK quite a lot, but in slightly more formal situations. I would for example, find the following reply a little formal: 1: Shall we grab a coffee later? 2: We can have a coffee later, should we have time.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] マニュアルチック
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] マニュアルチック
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links