Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] 間vs間:Thanks...
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 22:23:12 -0700
- From: steve <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] 間vs間:Thanks...
- References: <4FC53221.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20120430 Thunderbird/12.0.1
On 05/29/2012 01:31 PM, steve wrote:Thanks.shonennhaHi all. How does one know when 間 is pronounced あいだ and when it's ま? I have two sentences. This is from a short story by Haruki Murakami and according to its furagana it is ま. 少年は少し間を置く。 And this is from an example on the yahoo.jp dictionary for あいだ: 彼を長い間待たせておいた。 Thank you Steve Smith
I asked my friend Hiroko about this a couple of weeks ago. She's 87 and has been in the US since the 50's. I was surprised that she didn't know that 間 was also pronounced ま.
At this point in my learning curve I guess it isn't too important but it's nice to have some idea. I just encountered 間が抜ける in (まが抜ける) in the yahoo dict. I think I'm just going to wing it and hope I don't look too 間が抜ける too often.
- [Lingo] 間vs間
- From: steve
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] 間vs間
- Next by thread: [Lingo] マニュアルチック
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links