Re: [Lingo] Which kanji is correct?

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley
<daniel.ramaley@example.com> wrote:

> In my kanji studies with Heisig's _Remembering the Kanji_ books, i
> recently came across this kanji: 喻

This is the modern "yu".
China and Taiwan use this too.

> However, i sometimes see it rendered this way: 喩

This roots back to Kangxi dictionary. IIRC, it even appears in 礼記、論語
more than 2000 years ago.
cf. http://tool.httpcn.com/Html/Zi/22/PWCQRNPWRNUYUYARN.shtml

> Unicode has both of those kanji represented. My question is, which is
> actually correct for Japanese?

I think the first one.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )

Disclaimer: When posted to social networking groups include, but not limited
Linux Users' Groups,
Free and Open Sources forums, mailing lists, the above is my personal
opinion and is *not*
the opinion of my employer(s), associations and/or groups I join.