Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 11:39:36 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- References: <14178ED3A898524FB036966D696494FB8E4D52@messenger.cv63.navy.mil> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070801204847.GA68126@mail.scottro.net> <email@example.com> <46B117B0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <46B2CD3B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46B39684.email@example.com>
steven smith writes: > Do the Japanese have an equivalent to a pun? Yes, they call it "ojaji gyag". It's pretty low-grade, most limited to children as far as I know. However, the Japanese also play puns as a blood sport. These puns are not puns on similar sounds, they're puns on the kanji. So there are jukugo where reversing the kanji changes the meaning, and series of jukugo where most kanji are fixed but one kanji has a fixed bushu while the other buhin change around it. Sort of like the doublets game where we prove that Josh knows his tools: josh cosh cost coot cool tool by changing one letter at a time.
- Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- From: Josh Glover
- [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- From: steven smith
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [Lingo] 悪党ども、海賊ども
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] 悪党ども、海賊ども
- Previous by thread: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links