Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:12:57 -0700
- From: steven smith <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Lingo] 悪党ども、海賊ども
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (X11/20070604)
I bet you can't guess from the subject what I'm trying to read :) (correct answer: space opera manga) 悪党 crosses to scoundrel and 海賊 crosses pirate. But I'm not sure what ども is. It looks like a suffix that makes 悪 党 into "a bunch of scoundrels" or "a band of scoundrels." Likewise, it looks like 海賊ども is "a bunch of pirates" or "a band of pirates." It almost looks like ども is like だ纔瘢韭絎竢蹠\xC2 癈 蜴 友達. But I'm not quite sure. Is this the same ども as 「共」(大人共, 餓鬼共, 事共, etc.)? If so, when is it be appropriate to use the Kanji rather than the Hiragana? What's the explanation? Thanks Steve S.
- Re: [Lingo] 悪党ども、海賊ども
- From: Kim Ahlström
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- Next by Date: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] 悪党ども、海賊ども
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links