Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 08:43:07 +0900
- From: "Josh Glover" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- References: <14178ED3A898524FB036966D696494FB8E4D52@messenger.cv63.navy.mil> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070801204847.GA68126@mail.scottro.net> <email@example.com> <46B117B0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <46B2CD3B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46B39684.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 04/08/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <email@example.com> wrote: > However, the Japanese also play puns as a blood sport. These puns are > not puns on similar sounds, they're puns on the kanji. Yup. The only joke I've ever made in Japanese that was met with more than a polite chuckle was of this variety (and not surprising when you consider the fact that rakugo is basically nothing but comical "misunderstandings" based on these sorts of puns): 内の妻：ジョシュの目がちょっと弱くなってきたので、眼鏡を買いに行かなくちゃね。 この俺様：そうだね。目がねぇ。 日本人の友達：はははははは You could argue that my English humour is about on par with this level of sophistication, and you might be right. ;) Cheers, Josh  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakugo
- Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- From: Josh Glover
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] 悪党ども、海賊ども
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- Previous by thread: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links