Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] inTransitive
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:57:51 +1000
- From: "Jim Breen" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] inTransitive
- References: <466E4C81.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <466F3FD4.email@example.com>
On 13/06/07, Birkir A. Barkarson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:This might be interesting,we could have a function that takes a verb, find the stem and tries to return the transitive/intransitive verb.
That would probably have to be done using a lookup table.
Since we have so much spare time we should also plug this into common tools like Rikaichan. One of the problem I have with tools like that is that the answer comes to easy and I find I rarely remember the words I need to look up. Getting further information like transitive/intransitive versions, and while we are at it, opposites and related words might be just the thing to strengthen those memory pathways ;)
One of my must-dos is have cross-refs between all the pairs of transitive/intrans. verbs. Sadly Rikaichan uses the simple old EDICT version which doesn't carry crossrefs. I've suggested they upgrade, inclluding using the names file as well (Rikaichan tends to fall apart with names) but there's been no response.
-- Jim Breen Honorary Senior Research Fellow Clayton School of Information Technology, Monash University, VIC 3800, Australia http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
- Re: [Lingo] inTransitive
- From: Josh Glover
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] inTransitive
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] inTransitive
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links