Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:34:25 +0900
- From: "Birkir A. Barkarson" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Lingo] inTransitive
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (Windows/20070326)
Well, since we are seeing some action (albeit mirrored) on this list I thought I would shoot one question.
I have been meaning to pick up a book on this but does anyone know of a good way/pattern to identify transitive and intransitive verbs?
1. I have a transitive verb, can I guess the intransitive form or having an intransitive verb can I guess the transitive form.
2. I have a verb, can I tell if it's transitive or intransitive? Is context necessary for this, or can I do with out it?
Currently I find I have some difficulty with this, and often wonder if there is
some way other than rote memorization to handle this. What strategies, if any, do you employ?
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] inTransitive
- Previous by thread: RE: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] inTransitive
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links