Re: tlug: Greenfrog Linux Nihongo Kit up.

    jb> Interesting.  Can you tell my why most Japanese stuff displays
    jb> OK and why I can do Japanese input using kinput2?  Did the
    jb> Pine development team add some J and/or i18n/m17n stuff on
    jb> their own?  Or is that just luck?  :-)

Good luck by design, also spelled U-N-I-X.

Most *nix programs these days are 8-bit clean.  So Pine just sends the
ISO-2022-JP straight through to the kterm, escape sequences and all.
KTerm eats them up and displays the Japanese.  Works the same way in
reverse.

Another example.  My preferred pager for Japanese is an unpatched
"less -r" with kterm.  (Searching doesn't work with ISO-2022-JP,
though it does with EUC.  Why not and why are left as exercises for
the reader.)

Pine will do the wrong thing with headers, though.

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691