Re: tlug: Greenfrog Linux Nihongo Kit up.

    jb> Oh, procmail is in here, too.  Techincally, all postmaster
    jb> mail is supposed to be seen by a human, but a lot of this
    jb> doesn't actually need to be read, so I can delete huge swaths
    jb> of it.  OK, yeah, I could just /dev/null it from procmail, but
    jb> this observes the letter of the RFC :-)

Well, strictly speaking it should go to a somewhat natural language
aware program that pulls out keywords and summarizes to postmaster,
then goes into a archive rotated on a daily basis or so.  Like a spam
filter.

    jb> An interesting question, since I'm using Gnome and you don't
    jb> get the usual things you would expect when doing a ctrl-right
    jb> click in a kterm, just the Gnome options menu.  Whatever kterm

Yeah, Window Maker overrides some of my Emacs bindings, too.  I fixed
that, but quick.  }:^}

You should be able to configure that Gnome options menu onto something
else (in fact, you probably should be able to restrict all Gnome
bindings to the frame, so that the app receives all mouse events---
that may require a lot of futzing with your Gnome config file(s), of
course; oops, you want Diddle 'n' Dump capability, and stuff like
that, too, don't you?  I guess you don't want that to happen
globally), and your kterm Options menu should come right back.

    jb> defaults to, which I hope would be EUC on a UNIX system, but
    jb> . . . ?  Anyway, to see if it has an effect, I just added a
    jb> -km euc switch to the menu entry I start Pine with, so that
    jb> should force it to EUC (one hopes).  I'll observe that for a
    jb> while and see what happens.

I bet you get mojibake, but not some that destroys your terminal
screen.

It defaults to JIS, because it's not documented how to set JIS from
the command line ... oh yeah, it says "default is ``jis''" in the
documentation for the kanjiMode X resource.

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691