Re: tlug: Greenfrog Linux Nihongo Kit up.

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Christopher Sekiya wrote:

> Ah.  That's your problem right there -- you're not using a Japanized
> version of pine.
>
> How do I know?
>
> * Hacking Japanese support into pine-4.x is prohibitively difficult.  If
>   anyone had succeeded, we would all know by now.
> * I just looked at the pine SRPM as found on ftp.turbolinux.co.jp
>   (pine-4.10-1.src.rpm).  It's a stock RedHat SRPM[1] -- no nihongo
>   support whatsoever.

Interesting.  Can you tell my why most Japanese stuff displays OK and
why I can do Japanese input using kinput2?  Did the Pine development
team add some J and/or i18n/m17n stuff on their own?  Or is that just
luck?  :-)

Jonathan

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691