Re: tlug: Greenfrog Linux Nihongo Kit up.

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> Interesting.  Can you tell my why most Japanese stuff displays OK and
> why I can do Japanese input using kinput2?

Pine always displayed most Japanese stuff okay.  Notable points of failure
were the From: and Subject: lines in index view, the terminal corruption
problem that you've discovered, and a lack of Japanese documentation[1].

I have no clue why input works properly.  I'd never tried kinput2 with
pine-j, choosing instead to use the canna support that pine-j added.  Not
that it did me much good ;)

> Did the Pine development team add some J and/or i18n/m17n stuff on
> their own?  Or is that just luck?  :-)

The UW guys appear to be rabidly single-byte.  It's just luck, I think.

-- Chris (wileyc@example.com)

[1] Fully 40% of the 3.96 pine-j patch is Japanese docs (and makefiles for
    weird OS variants that I think exist only in Japan).  Interesting
    priorities.

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691