tlug: Why there won't be no SATS [was: KDE & Japanese]

    Matt> [2] hey, Steve -- I don't think I've ever actually asked
    Matt> anybody about this (though I did read the docs, several
    Matt> times). I *think* XEmacs's movemail doesn't have an option
    Matt> to keep the mail on the server. Am I mistaken?

Movemail doesn't know anything about servers.  Its whole purpose in
life is to be a setgid program that can safely move mail from a system
directory (/var/spool/mail) to a temporary inbox, using file locking.
The files have to be mounted on the same host.  (It could be an NFS
mount or whatever, but you have to use the VFS.)  I don't see much
point in configuring movemail to leave mail in the system directory.

VM uses its own pop code, see vm-pop.el.  It also has an IMAP
interface now (as of 6.64?), see vm-imap.el.  I believe (as Mike
Fabian suggested) that you can use the vastly improved epop3 stuffs.
I don't know offhand whether vm supports leave it on the server, and
the documentation for VM generally lags the features by several
months; you may have to read the code.

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691