tlug: KDE & Japanese

I've been browsing www.kde.org. I've a couple of questions the site didn't
answer (at least not as far as I could see):

1.Does KDE replace X11/Xfree86, or does it sit on top of them? I found one
page saying it is better than X11, but another that seemed to show it as a
higher layer.

2.Does all X software run on it, or is there some software that doesn't? In
the XEmacs talk last weekend one of the speakers mentioned considering
porting Xemacs to KDE.

3.How is the Japanese support?

Darren

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691