Re: kinput2 HOWTO

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, C. Oda wrote:

> I'm using wnn and uum right now.  However,
> Alberto and Huw were saying that kinput2 was better due
> to its greater flexibility.  I have kinput2 on the system
> now.
>
> What do I do?  Is this a background process?  How do I
> do the henkan?

  Hi,

  kinput2 is an FEP, like uum.  It can be built (or comes built)
to work with either the Wnn or the Canna server.

  I use a line in .xinitrc (maybe not the best place) to start it
up:

../.xinitrc:  kinput2 -wnn -jserver localhost &

  It has to be the right version for your server.  Check with
kinput2 -version.  Then you'll need to know all the key combinations
that make it work.

  I mentioned it before in this forum, but UNIX 日本語環境 by
松田 and 歴本 (from アスキー出版局) is an indispensable guide to
the Japanese extensions.  It is unusually clearly written and even
has a very useful index.  You'll find all the further info you need
there.

  (P.S.  Thanks for all the info on the xjdic compile, Craig)

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka