Re: [tlug] Port forwarding/UPnP in Japan

On Sun, Nov 05, 2023 at 12:03:11AM +0000, Stephen Lasseter wrote:
> Oh man, this thread just extended a big project for me.  Right now, my
> pantry is a mess.  Between the box of senbei and basket of dry noodles, I
> currently have: [..]

:)

> [..]  Now, you guys
> show me that I might be able to consolidate even further by replacing the
> NTT monolith with an SFP ONU. Nice!  So, maybe my new pantry setup will end
> up looking like:
>
>  * NTT SPF ONU
>  * MikroTik RB5009
>  * MikroTik hAP ax3

From what I understood, the SPF ONU is only blessed by NTT to run in
certain select routers [1].  Just 2 of these seem interesting for home
users, but they are from 2016, and rather expensive.
The connector seems standard SFP-GE-PON, if one could get equipment for
free to try out things, it might be fun to see if also other gear can
be used..

Christian

[1] https://business.ntt-east.co.jp/service/onu/device/index.html