Re: [tlug] Port forwarding/UPnP in Japan

Hi lain.,

On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 08:46:47AM +0900, lain. wrote:
> If you're using NTT as the internet backbone instead of KDDI, you can
> attach a different router to your modem that does support this feature.
>
> An alternative is to look into a static IP provider which lets you
> continue to be a customer of your current ISP, while at the same time
> circumventing all of their restrictions in this regard (like the
> multiple layers of NAT).
> [..]

Thanks a lot for the hints, I was not aware some of the providers
in NTT flets feature static IPs.

Regarding hardware, I have to stick with the official one as I have no
own ONU, but the fiber terminates in the NTT router.
Will reconsider all of this, probably for now not run services
directly.

cheers,
Christian