Re: [tlug] Port forwarding/UPnP in Japan

On Sat, Nov 04, 2023 at 10:47:00PM +0800, Stephen Lee wrote:
> Stephen Lasseter <stephen@karasu.ninja> wrote:
> > Which NTT router do you have?  On mine, I'm able to expose the ONU from
> > an unlabeled tab. I then disconnect the RJ45 side of that (which
> > connects to the NTT router in the same housing), and connect my own
> > router to the ONU.

PR-500KI, which includes a SFP fiber connector.
Sorry for not mentioning the term directly - just now looked it up.
This makes it different from routers with plain rj45 ports.

> Like this I guess?
> https://www.buzzyvox.com/2017065242.html

Yes.

> Also seems you can ask NTT to replace the Home Gateway with just a
> SFP ONU, for a fee.
> https://www.buzzyvox.com/20220211047.html
> https://tabikumo.com/onu-replace/

That's a nice option, had not seen one could ask for plain SFP ONU.
Thanks!
Christian