Re: [tlug] Need laptop vendor recommendation

On Tue, 2023-08-22 at 17:08 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Or if you just want the box in your house, why not a desktop or tower
> of similar spec which presumably will be a lot cheaper?

Yeah, I have a Mini-ITX-motherboard-based computer I put together for
my personal use. I don't have space for another such machine. My own
machine runs Gentoo with no systemd, pulseaudio or crap like that.
Unfortunately, I think the lack of "crap" prevents me from connecting
to the UofC VPN, so I have an old, old laptop running Ubuntu for that
purpose. Because reasons, I can't do this work remotely anymore, so I
need a fast computer to do all the processing I used to do on the UofC
server.

--
Stuart Luppescu
Chief Psychometrician (ret.)