Re: [tlug] From an enthusiast TLUG follower

On 25/8/2020 8:56 pm, Matteo G wrote:
I also studied and passed my OS exam and course at university, that's why I was trying to find something more focused about race conditions, I opened the link and it looks pretty interesting. During these days I will give it a try and let you know, anyway your help was so precious to me, thank you!

You're welcome! My memory of it is that it was an add-on or extension to the C++ compiler which enable concurrency. I learned it a long time ago...long before there was Boost, etc. I'm not sure if any of it found its way into any recent version of C++. Called uC++, I thought it was an interesting learning tool.

(IMHO) it's one thing to use standard C to simulate semaphores, etc....but it's something else to have it as "a part of" the language and then you use it directly to learn about it.

My memory of it is a bit vague (it was a long time ago...I won't say how long :-P ), but it was very positive. I enjoyed it.

Good luck with this and your search for an internship. It's a tough year everywhere...

Ray

Home | Main Index | Thread Index