Re: [tlug] Raspberry Pi translation team looking for Japanese translator

Furkan Mustafa <furkan@example.com> wrote:
> I am totally considering RPi Foundation as same as those
> companies. Reason for my complaining is just that. Nothing
> else. As unpaid "internship" is not fair, this is also not
> fair.

I agree for the most part.  These kind of requests also seem to show an
attitude that translation is not a professional endeavour, that it can
be done by just anybody who volunteers, and a professional translation
is not worth it.

It is far rarer that someone will expect a graphic designer to design
their web site for free, for example.  (okay probably not the best
example)

I do understand there are many bilingual people / language learners who
are willing to do it for free and encourage this attitude. I also think
that quality translations require a lot of effort, and professional
translators who do quality work deserve respect and deserve to be
paid.

--
Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com>