Re: [tlug] Autologin/password trouble

On 2018/10/18 16:36, Raymond Wan wrote:
I don't know about Mint, but with Ubuntu, I waited a bit too long with
a non-LTS version.  That is, I waited until its support had ended and
another version was released.  By then, I found out I couldn't do an
upgrade any more using the standard upgrade command.  Re-installation
was my only option.  So...I'm not trying to twist your arm, but you
can't wait too long.

Thank you for your help.
The other day I installed Mint 19 - the newest release.
Here too the autologin did not work, from the very first reboot after installation before anything else was done.

Installtion the same software at home (on a rather old computer), worked just fine.
Maybe this is due to broken hardware.
I noticed a little later, when I tried to enter text, that "shift+t = T" and "shift+y = Y" are apparently broken.

About the login after suspend - I found that unchecking the "lock screen" item under "screensaver" clears that problem.

Thomas
(I do have one other question .. )