Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Rust Control
- Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 18:47:27 +0900
- From: CL <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Rust Control
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKXLc7d840-yiEtmdkNM4HoqQkndv7yE7oY6QJZr56k9x1JgUA@mail.gmail.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.8.0
On 06/24/2018 06:42 AM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:Thanks. Most of what I'd found using those terms seemed to be surface prep and pre-paint treatment. I may be opening myself up to one of those projects where just spraying with Rustoleum barbecue paint would have been cheaper and less time consuming that trying to do it right.I had good success with something for bicycles from the 100-yen shop, though I recently finished the last tube and don't have it at hand. Look for さびとり 錆とり サビ取り or any Hiragana/Katakana/Kanji combination thereof. Quick amazon search got me this, looks like phosphoric acid and soap https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0058MZWD0 But those racks are pretty bad once they start rusting and getting to all places to be soaked, then washed will really be a lot of effort (and you'll need to work on balcony at least). I had to throw one such after a few years, it kept rusting in new places. The painted (usually white) hold longer it seems. Cheers, Kalin.Someone from another list suggested that I check some marine hull restoration places and suggested a paint / coating specialist down somewhere in Kansai -- he thought they were in one of the prefectures along Seto Naikai. The lead provided was insufficient to just look them up online or call them. If I find their name, I can let others know.CL
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Rust Control
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Rust Control
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links