Re: [tlug] Rust Control

Have a look in NAPS (the motorcycle place) or in Autobacs potentially. They have both.

Grb

On 23 June 2018 21:58:09 GMT+09:00, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
Not really directly Linux related but a sort of support question:

One of the main remaining problems coming out of the New Year's fire is
rust formations on the heavy-duty chromed wire shelving I was using in
my home office for printer and PC racks.  Got steel and brass wire
wheels for the electric drill to remove the bigger stuff and some wipe
on / wash off stuff to clean up, but it seems as though the de-rusted
surfaces have to be primed and / or painted.  I am looking for a Naval
Jelly type of product that contains dilute phosphoric acid (rin san or
リン酸) and turns the previously rusted areas black and stabilizes the
metal against future rust without a lot of other work or disassembly.

Anyone run into something like that in their local hardware store? I a
not finding any references to any DIY product to handle this and the
usual Amazon / Rakuten last chance suppliers come up blank. Everything
seems to be a surface prep instead of a stabilizer.  If anyone has a
brand name and, maybe the name of the store they got it from, please let
me know.

CL

---
"Don't use bold, it wastes electricity"