Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Rust Control
- Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 21:58:09 +0900
- From: CL <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] Rust Control
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.8.0
Not really directly Linux related but a sort of support question:One of the main remaining problems coming out of the New Year's fire is rust formations on the heavy-duty chromed wire shelving I was using in my home office for printer and PC racks. Got steel and brass wire wheels for the electric drill to remove the bigger stuff and some wipe on / wash off stuff to clean up, but it seems as though the de-rusted surfaces have to be primed and / or painted. I am looking for a Naval Jelly type of product that contains dilute phosphoric acid (rin san or リン酸) and turns the previously rusted areas black and stabilizes the metal against future rust without a lot of other work or disassembly.Anyone run into something like that in their local hardware store? I a not finding any references to any DIY product to handle this and the usual Amazon / Rakuten last chance suppliers come up blank. Everything seems to be a surface prep instead of a stabilizer. If anyone has a brand name and, maybe the name of the store they got it from, please let me know.CL
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Rust Control
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Rust Control
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links