Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 10:23:05 +0800
- From: Raymond Wan <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.8.0
On Saturday, June 23, 2018 08:31 AM, CL wrote: > Then I'll try to work out how to apply the patch and connect the two > remaining original RAID disks and the two "free" HDDs to the card to see > whether I can now see four more HDDs. > > What could possibly go wrong? Right? As you don't have data on the drives, I guess the only issue I can see is wasting your own time. I can't imagine you could do irreversible damage to any of these parts (unless someone else here sees something that I/we cannot). I suppose it is a good idea to try to get this right from the beginning. Once you have data on the drives, rebuilding a RAID becomes a pain...you'll need to copy the data over to an empty drive and wipe everything on the RAID. Good luck! Ray
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Next by Date: [tlug] Rust Control
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links