Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] VPN?
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 21:13:42 +0200
- From: Jens John <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] VPN?
- References: <1528618310.1210498.1402669344.48BE87D7@webmail.messagingengine.com> <1529335391.476732.1411880600.3E7206B1@webmail.messagingengine.com> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.10.0 (2018-05-17)
On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 05:21:55PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:TL;DR: Just because something is enterprisy does not mean it's a good solution. Actually, enterprise solutions are usally quite bad and mostly designed to make consultants rich.I specifically addressed OP's gripes with the OpenVPN iOS client application and proposed a streamlined solution. I concede that IPSec is more complex than pairing an userspace daemon like openvpn with a client app, however once deployed, you have connectivity from any type of device using standard client software.Personally, on my Android and laptop device, I do also favour simplicity and just use OpenSSH's layer 3 forwarding capabilities (SOCKS proxy) to achieve tunnelled connectivity for all things internet and be done with it, but that is hardly achievable using stock OS clients on today's popular smartphones I think.
- Re: [tlug] VPN?
- From: Attila Kinali
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] VPN?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] VPN?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] VPN?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links