Re: [tlug] Python 2x3 [was: Um, so... systemd?]

Christian Horn writes:
 > On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 04:59:59PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

 > FWIW, Red Hat [1] released RHEL7 in 2014 with python 2.7, and rpm/yum
 > are using it.  Chances that this gets changed over the RHEL7 life-
 > time are probably not big.

My understanding from Nick Coghlan is that this is Case 1 (one of the
"good reasons" for using Python 2.7).  It doesn't immediately justify
writing and maintaining 2/3-compatible code, at least if you're doing
more than just maintaining the status quo features.  Am I missing
something?

 > It's also rather likely that we fix issues, and that these are
 > pushed to upstream python 2.7 as per our policy.

Well, if by "push" you mean providing a patch on the tracker.  They're
not applied to the distributed tree (except for security fixes and
maybe doc fixes).